Transportation to Non-Public Schools

Families residing within the Waterford-Halfmoon Union Free School District with students attending non-public schools may request WHUFSD transport the student(s) to that school, provided that school is located within 15 miles of WHUFSD.

To request transportation, families must complete a transportation request form by clicking here and submit it to the Transportation Department by April 1 of the school year preceding the year in which transportation is requested. This form must be completed and submitted annually by April 1st. 

Additionally, your child must be registered at WHUFSD to verify residency. Once you have registered, you do not need to do so annually, unless you have moved. If you have not yet registered your child, please do so by completing the form below and contact the District Registrar at 518-237-0800 x 3701. 


For additional information on regulations and requirements related to non-public transportation, please visit the NYSED website linked below.