Locating Children with Disabilities

The Waterford-Halfmoon Union Free School District has an obligation to evaluate, with parental consent, and offer to students determined to be disabled who reside in the district, a free and appropriate public education.

If you believe your child has a disability that requires specialized instruction or special accommodations to benefit and/or access our programs and services, please contact your child’s building principal or the Director of Special Education at 237-0800 ext. 3315 to discuss the process to initiate a referral to the Committee on Special Education or the 504 Team. 

If you suspect your child has a disability that adversely affects his/her educational performance and which may require special education and you are enrolling your child in a nonpublic school and are seeking supports for your child while he/she attends school there, you may contact the Committee on Special Education in the school district where the nonpublic school is located. For St. Mary’s of Waterford, please use the contact information listed below.

Sue Lasek, CSE/CPSE Secretary
518-237-0800 ext. 3315
fax 518-687-2643
[email protected]